To establish the first of its kind “Ayurgenomics Research department” to revive power of association of genetics with Ayurveda which could contribute the predictive, preventive and curative aspects of Stratified Ayurvedic medicine with molecular variability.
To create an innovative happy energetic stress-free & healthy Society.
Ayurveda the ancient life science described about the creation of human body which is derived from the sources available in the nature and some of their subtle component which one can imagine through continuous observations.
Moolaprakruti (Undifferentiated Avyakta State of Zygote)
Ahankaara (ID of the Individual which is Primitive & Instinctual Part of the Mind) & The Panchatanmatra
Shabda- Sound Wave
Sparsha- Touch Perception
Rupa- Expression on Colour
Rasa- Taste Perception
Gandha- smell perception
The imprint of all eight in the zygote are called as “Prakritayah”.
- Those are five Mahabhutas:
- Pruthvi (earth)
- Jala (water)
- Agni (fire)
- Five Jnanendriya (sense organ):
- Nasa- nose
- Karna- ear
- Jihwa- tongue
- Twak- skin
- Chakshu- eye
- Five Karmendriya (motor organs):
- Vagendriya- organs involved for talking
- Pani- hands
- Pada- Sole
- Payu- anus
- Upastha- genitals
- The 16th one is Mana (Satwa). The above said genetic materials expression inherited by parent’s satmyata e. congenial environmental factor and individualized mana i.e. psychic factor. None of them are capable of acting independently as well. Karma prerita vayu (the air energy formed owing to multiple actions) organizes all processes.
Hence, there is a need to understand individuals Prakruti for pre determination of their strength, immunity, innate potentiality, energy, working ability & self-motivation power. Those will help from individual person to big organization for set up of healthy working atmosphere. With this method the deranged doshas could be rearranged through preventive medicines, wellness care and counselling.
Proposed Activities of the Department of Ayurgenomics for the year 2021-22 are:
(i).Survey & Analysis of Parkruti of SSU – Students, staff, faculty, group D employees, security etc.–approx. 3000 people by October 2021
(ii).Prakruti analysis of about 10000 people to be completed by Dec. 2021
(iii).Publication of the survey results of 10000 populations in the peer reviewed journal by March. 2022
1. Benefits of establishing the department:
- Globalization of Ayurvedic cream concept
- It will provide an opportunity for the intelligentsia group of multiple branch to work on Genetics study with Ayurvedic principles
- It can be included in the G syllabus to increase the sphere of research study.
2. Uniqueness of the department: Newly developed branch of Integrative medicine which consists of Ayurvedic concepts measured through advanced parameters for resolving the health related issues through survey, observational, clinical parameters & counselling. A wide range of diseases can be managed through the unique concept of the
3. References and guidelines of the department: References collected from Mitali Mukhargy founder of Ayurgenomics, discussion with Prof. T. Thelma, Professor of Genetics, New Delhi with cooperation from AOL & Volunteer team
4. Guiding force and driving force of the department: SSCASRH & SSU Administration with leadership
5. Diseases which will be treated under this department: All diseases where genetic involvement is
Services provided by the department which must be unique from other Ayurveda hospitals and also can be highlighted: The diseases like Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus, Mental retardation, autism, some syndromes, inherited diseases can be managed very well by the department after completion of vivid study
1. Brief of first research study under Department of Ayurgenomics
Title: A survey on determination of health status through individual’s Prakriti assessment to express the linear quality of life.
2. Study objectives:
- To detect the prevalence of disease in relation to prakruti of individual persons
- To provide required timely preventive health care after assessment of Prakriti in people of different age group
- To educate everyone regarding quality assurance of their health
- Place of Study: Sri Sri University
- Support of Ayurvedic classics for the study: The materials collected from Vrihatrayee and Laghutrayee will be incorporated and peoples will be screened through suitable questionnaire and as per the criteria made by Central Council of Research in Ayurveda
- Methodology of study: Pilot study to start survey through questionnaire for SSU staffs, students and Staff family
- Expected study outcome: This study will be started with the involvement of huge numbers of population from institutional level to District level. That will be creating a positive attitude among the people to determine their body type and required interventions in routine People will able to determine their own innate potentiality to act as per their Prakruti. Will power of Pitta and Kapha prakriti person will increase.
- A healthy atmosphere with positive and well determined attitude will be developed among all staffs due to strong support of healthy body and and mind.
- Health and economy are inter-related to each other.
- Positive health will provide positive energy for valuable work to strengthen the economy.
- Health status improved means working capacity will increase and economic growth will be there.
- Preventive treatment and guidelines will decrease rate of morbidity and mortality.
- Quality life expectancy of Child, Women & Youth will increase.