World Forum of Ethics in Business organised a virtual international conference titled “Integrative Approach to Health & Wellness” on 7th April 2021 (On the occasion of World Health Day), which was broadcasted on the YouTube channel of “The Art of Living”. More than a thousand viewers were watching it live across the world and created a strong image of the approach of Integrative Medicine.
At the conference, 8 of the most eminent person were present and the discussion was carried out from 6 PM to 7:30 PM IST. So, let me introduce the guests (Speakers) of the panel:
Mrs. Rajita Kulkarni, President, Sri Sri University graced the occasion in between the conference and wished all the very best to the speakers.
What did our Speakers say?
Dr. Girdhar J. Gyani
- Highlighted the significant improvements in the health sectors of India after mainstreaming Ayush in all PHC, CHC all over the country
- Many Health and wellness centers developed all over the country after emphasizing the Ayush system and the formation of the ministry of Ayush by Govt. India
- This time is a high time where the integrative approach is essential to maintain health and wellness
Prof. Dr Tanuja Nesari
- She has highlighted the distribution of Aayurakshya Kit to police personnel and other para-military forces, which helps a lot for a drastic reduction of mortality rate.
- Ayurvedic therapy works as an immune modulator to prevent COVID-19 positive cases.
- Conventional therapy along with traditional management is the key to success in the recent era. A holistic approach is diet, sleep, lifestyle which provides healthy and happy life.
- The future of medicine is no medicine. Only diet, regimen and lifestyle management will solve all health-related issues.
- She has narrated that strength of Ayurveda is Preventive medicine.
Dr. Sanjib Singh
- He has described the positive effect of the NMC (National Medical Commission) Bill helps to connect rural people directly through an integrative approach.
- He told the acute conditions like dengue and sepsis where allopathy treatment helps but in the sub-acute and chronic conditions even in cardiac diseases both the integrative approach of Allopathy & Ayurveda helps a lot.
- He has emphasized double-blind clinical study essential to prove the efficacy of the integrative approach.
Prof. Asim Ali Khan
- He has focused on the relevancy of traditional systems of medicines.
- He told about CCRUM’s continues research after determining the toxicity study of the drug and clinical trials.
- Introduction of Ayurveda in UG & PG courses of modern medicine will reach the medical societies for integrative study.
- During the COVID-19 situation, CCRUM treated mild to moderate cases and encouraging results
Prof. Dr. R. Meena Kumari
- She has highlighted the therapeutic effect of Kadha (Herbal decoction) and household remedies like lemon juice, amla juice, orange juice, etc. during COVID management.
- Siddha doctors took milled to severe cases even when the oxygen saturation in blood in between 60-90 during their study along with allopathy medicines. That helps in the reduction of the mortality rate in the COVID-19 situation.
- She told about the essentiality of evidence-based documentation to explore all medical schools.
Dr. Prachi Garodia
- She has specified the management of lifestyle disorders through yoga and integrative medicines.
- It is essential time to educate everyone from the grassroots level about the benefit of integrative health and chronic disease management should be emphasized.
Prof. Kamalesh K. Sharma
- He has described that 5000 years back Charak has narrated preventive aspects about pandemic i.e. how to prevent from demons with kindness, behaviour and maintaining of Sadvritta (lifestyle management).
- He has presented a comparative study report about the USA and India in Nov 2020. USA is a developed country where people are dependent on allopathy medicine on the other hand India is a developing country where people are dependent on allopathy and Ayush systems of medicines as a result the death rate per day in between USA and INDIA was 2070:70 during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The most significant point is the bonding of individual systems of medicine is essential to get the optimum results in health science.
- He has focused on health & illness. A healthy mind and i.e. how to eat, what to eat, time management are the significant factors to make every individual healthy. Its opposite is an illness.
Prof. (Dr.) B R Sharma
Described the hidden secrecy of indigenous systems of medicine and yoga he has focused on the COVID-19 situation and essentiality of an integrative approach to make every individual healthy worldwide, during his conclusory remarks he has to explain the highlight points of individual speakers.
Prof. (Dr.) Durga Prasad Dash
The co-chairperson much more emphasis on the clinical trial of all systems of medicine with taking majors from advanced research protocol of modern science.
He has given some examples about the clinical efficacy of herbal drugs in different un-to- ward situations to prevent the destruction of human society.
Dr. Sandhya Sadana
Dr. Sandhya Sadana moderated the conference successfully she has given a brief introduction of individual speakers.
- COVID-19 situation creates awareness about the essentiality of integrative study in health sectors.
- The significant point of integration is the Ayush system of medicine E.g. the study of Kabasura Kudineer, AYUSH Kwatha, Giloya, etc. through modern clinical parameters.
- The study must be conducted in different geographical distribution around the world.
- Ayush system must reach every corner of the world for the benefit of human society.
Here are a few important messages from the speakers, we got to know during the conference: